Friday, June 5, 2009

Passive Aggressive

I was planning on sharing a website that has caused much laughter lately, passiveaggressivenotes.com, and then I came home last night and found a passive aggressive note from my landlady. To lead up to this note, it may be mentioned that this is NOT the first time that she has had problems (although in the past it is usually watering the grass, parking our bikes on the sidewalk as it is the only place that there was room) and instead of just addressing it with us, has left us a note. They are always very similar, very accusatory without being specific so that we all feel to blame, even though none of us really know what she is talking about and yet without any previous notice that there was any problem. This particular note she left all of my room mates were confused as to who it could possibly refer to and instead we just felt accused as if we were being called "unvirtuous women" and practically thought to live in Sodom and Gommorah.

I would take a picture, but my camera is not working so instead I will copy it, as it was originally typed up, printed off and posted in 5 different locations around our house anyway:

Tenant Notice

I have had complaints about a tenant in this apartment who is leaving the window open and making a display of herself in the nude. This is not okay and you will have your contract cancelled and be asked to leave if you continue to do so. BYU will also be notified if the behavior continues. Draperies serve a purpose and we expect you to behave according to the standards of the church and BYU as a moral woman. I do not want to be called this again and I will remind you all there are to be no boys in the bedrooms at all.



2 comments:

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

Oh wow. Some large apartments are just not worth it.

Steve said...

SCANDALOUS!!!!