Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Cha Cha Cha

Since I came to college I haven't listened to music as much as I used to, for some reason I had all sorts of time in High School that I don't really have any more. Or maybe it was desire, however, while perusing imeem the other day I discovered a few songs that I really enjoy, I have embedded them for your listening pleasure.


Cha Cha Cha - The Little Ones
When I was little I would always listen to music on the drive to and from seminary. Since it was a half hour trip to seminary and then a one hour drive to school, there was plenty of time for Jonny to pop in his newly burned discs of Magnetic Fields, Modest Mouse, Nuetral Milk Hotel, Death Cab for Cutie, and many other bands that became the staple for my music diet. I still love all of these bands, but there is just so much music in the world, how do you listen to it all?


Dream catch me - Newton Faulkner

I remember when I realized that Jonny was going to be gone. It was one morning on the way from seminary to school and in the early morning there was fog surrounding the car and something soothing was playing, maybe Magnetic Fields, and suddenly it hit me. Jonny would be gone soon. He was going to college and then on a mission and nothing would ever be the same. I wouldn't have him begging me for back massages, I wouldn't have to push the car to start every morning. Late night conversations about life would have to happen with someone else. My idol would be leaving and I wouldn't. I watched him drive and I cried. The silent type of crying when you feel so overwhelmed that you don't have the strength to sob. To console myself I rolled down the window, closed my eyes, and tried to focus on the music.

No comments: