Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Daejeon, South Korea

While in class this afternoon I called my mom to have her check her mail (where my call was being sent) and found out that I am going to.

Drum roll please.

Daejeon, South Korea!







I thought it was a very random assignment, I have no connection with anywhere in Asia. And then I started thinking about something someone told me how the first presidency matches up missionaries with the mission presidents more than the location. So I googled it and found out the the mission president's wife actually keeps a blog. Serves me right I suppose for putting blogging on my hobby list.

If you have any words of advice on how I am supposed to learn Korean, they would be greatly appreciated. I enter the MTC on September 23, 2009 so anytime before then would be great.

1 comment:

Rowboat said...

wow that is so crazy and random!
and i will miss you terribly!
i am sure you will learn korean just fine. the MTC does a great job of teaching difficult languages! don't sweat it at all. you might want to learn interesting things about the culture or the geography, etc. it will give you something fun to talk to people about! i know when i was in japan they loved talking about their food, grammar, flowers, different dialects, etc. they really appreciate you showing an interest in their culture because they take great pride in it! it's different from the US that way, because they have so many old traditions. i heard christianity is blooming in korea though! we modedeled some of our efforts after a mission in korea and were able to do well with it. good luck becca! you will have such a good time! they will love you there as well. and at least you're not tall, so you'll fit right in!