Saturday, September 5, 2009

Taking Care of Business

I have been in Kentucky for a few days now and I go home tomorrow evening. Was it worth it? Well, let's take a look at a few of my personal goals for this visit:
  • See my siblings Ilya, Maria, and Julianna and Natasha my step-mom
  • See my grandparents and record an interview with them concerning their life
  • See MaryAnn Hack
  • Go to the temple (either Nashville or St. Louis)
  • Bring back something memorable
What I have done?
  • Saw and played with and took care of and carted around and buckled up and pushed on the swingset Ilya and Maria while also getting to carry around the happiest baby on earth
  • Sat and talked with my grandparents for hours, although I didn't have any sort of recording device
  • Saw MaryAnn and helped her make a quilt, also ended up picking fruit with her like I used to. Also got to see John Hack and Lea Adams and JD Hack because I was with Mary Ann. While doing this I got lots of nice muskadines which I can take back to Utah
  • Went to the temple in Nashville this morning with my dad which also allowed me to talk to him for four hours about life, his marriage with my mother and his advice on marriage, finances, life and health insurance, his various opinions, etc.
  • Found a four leaf clover!
All in all, I would say it has been a success.

No comments: