Monday, March 2, 2009

Rhyming crimes

While at work the other day, Juan and I began emailing between each other and after some jovial comments were exchanged on the status of our relationship compared to salad preparation, Juan began a rhyming face off which went something like this:

Me:
You're only saying that because you can't think of anything witty.

Juan:
No I'm just saying that because you're just jealous I'm pretty. (rhymes with witty)

Me:
Wow, you are an indelible pot.
When I think of things that I ought-
and oughtn't do
It is you, and only you.

Juan:
Mami,my little tomato or pot
You can't tell me what to do or what to not
Bring it on if you want cuz rhymes I've got a lot.

Me:
Papi, have I ever told you that you are silly billy pill
If you weren't so cute your kitschy rhymes would make me ill.
And all though you lived in Peru and your dad was in the military
Your Provincial tongue is no match for my vocabulary.

Juan:
Mami you're vocabulary is very nice
If it were a lil bit more extensive you wouldn't have to repeat words twice
That's cool as ice or blind as mice
Anyway we should definitely to gout to eat some of the Indian rice

Now I know that it is not any sort of literary accomplishment and is not even very good, but it made me laugh to see Juan working his best to oust me.