Saturday, March 28, 2009

Depths of Despair

Wednesday night I started to spiral into sickness so that Thursday and Friday I had no desire to move as my head ached, my throat hurt, my eyes only wanted to be pasted shut, and I couldn't breath from my nose. This morning I still feel pretty sick, but as, again, I am the only one home, I decided to have a dance party and run around in my skivvies.

There is something so liberating about not wearing clothing.

And I think that's the difference between married and single people, when you're married you have so many responsibilities, so many things that you worry about. I have nothing. I am not worried, I am just myself, running around naked in my basement apartment.

I did happen to find the blog of my first real boyfriend though. Mostly it is maintained by his beautiful wife. He looks happy in all the pictures and it sounds like he is doing what he wanted to-- getting ready for Medical school so that he can be a radiologist, married to a gorgeous woman who is actually starting her own spa. But how often does he get to kiss a Peruvian, skip work because he's coughing up a lung, or run around naked dancing to Nigerian hip hop?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You didn't know him, it was back in High School. If you did know him, that would be surprising.

I think my dad is okay, he was let out of the hospital because he stopped bleeding, but they never found out why he was bleeding in the first place...weird.