Friday, August 21, 2009

Birthdays and Creativity

My co-worker found out that I like to decorate cakes so he asked if I would make one for his wife's birthday. He wanted pink cream cheese frosting with white icing for the writing. It was a lot of fun and I learned what not to do when making cream cheese frosting. I.e. don't melt the cream cheese beforehand, once you lose the consistency, it is gone. F-O-R-E-V-E-R.

Also, Kevin, with the best of intentions, made an entire bed of frosting leaves for the strawberries. I'm not sure how I feel about them, but they are good, just a little funny looking.


I bet Stephanie was so happy.



Did I mention that it is double layer cake and that I filled it with the cream cheese filling and cut up strawberries. Mmmm, I hope it tastes good. I probably ate at least a cup worth of frosting making this and if that is any indication, then it will be amazing.

No comments: