Thursday, May 28, 2009

Fake Flowers

In my floral design class we have to do a fake floral arrangement. I usually don't like fake flowers because... well, they aren't real and no one likes a phony. However, my mom doesn't mind fake flowers and so she commissioned me to make something in one of her random buckets for her kitchen (or at least, I assume that is where its eventual destination will be). It was actually kind of fun trying to find only white and green fake flowers and the arranging itself only took 15 minutes tops. 

For the last week of my cake decorating class, we worked on another type of fake flower, the Wilton rose. After 20 or so trials, I finally was able to get a couple that were semi-decent and which
 I didn't mind putting on the cake that I needed to make for work. These roses, although they are not real are just as great and much more edible than those from your garden. My room mate, whose wedding cake I will be doing in July, even proposed that I try to do these on her cake. If I can get better, why not.

No comments: