Monday, February 23, 2009

Lists

Once when I was in the SLC public library I found a section of "zines" which was quite intriguing when I was 16. It was an entire collection of small magazines created by the everyday joe and somehow all of them ended up here. I read through quite a few and found one called "Lists" which I fell in love with. It was written by a girl who just compiled lists, ones she had found, ones she created, shopping lists, things to do, people whose names begin with the letter Z, etc. It was inspiring and it also sparked a love in me for lists.

I love lists. Maybe it is the clear cut beauty, the sheer simplicity of the thing. Maybe it is because my brain thinks better in columns than in paragraphs. Maybe it is just the word itself, but whatever it is, I love lists.

No comments: