Friday, September 12, 2008

Birthdays and things

Today is my birthday.

I don't usually like my birthday, for some reason when I was little I got it into my mind that people ought to know when it is my birthday. In my head if people really cared then they would somehow figure it out and then tell me. This rarely happened. I also don't like making a fuss about it generally because... it just seems selfish and silly, if other people do it, I don't really think it's selfish or silly, just for myself, don't ask me how that makes sense.

My birthdays have usually ranged from bad to worse, but there'll always be one or two people who care, such as my sister Anna or my best friends. I don't know what it is about birthdays. Why do I seem to care so much yet try to hide it so much? Why do I expect so much yet say so little?

I'm not a teenager any more, does that mean my chance for good birthdays has passed? I sure hope not. Today I am going to take pictures, have fun, you know the drill.

1 comment:

Wendyburd1 said...

Birthdays are just not the same as when you were a kid. But you have to do things to make your day special, even if it's to act LIKE a kid again! Hey every year on my birthday I get fireworks (big ones too cuz it's July 4th), but we do a family water fight cuz it's so fun!