Friday, April 10, 2009

And your lucky number is....

When I was younger my dad had a contest. Except you didn't have to excel or even do much of anything. One evening while I was sitting around the dinner table with my family, my dad happened to pull out some prize or another, if I remember correctly, it was a yogurt.

Unless you've been in a large family, you may not appreciated the significance of your dad being home, eating dinner with you, an bringing yogurt-- with fruit.

Asking each of us to guess a number one through 20, my dad went around the table to see who was the closest to his number and who would win. Coincidentally, my dad's favorite number is 4, the same number that I picked. And ever since that day, 4 has been my favorite number.

Other than that, I'm not really sure what it is about 4 that gets my blood going, maybe past memories of my father and other things I learned about him, completely on accident. Maybe it is the perfection of how four has 4 letters and is the perfect reflection of the word and what it means, just in the word itself.

Or maybe I just like it.

No comments: