Friday, July 18, 2008

Discoveries

I have a cold sore. It is in my mouth. I do not love it like I love French toast. I do not love it like I love fresh tomatoes or garden peas. I feel it though every time I talk, every time I smile, it's the aftertaste to my orange juice and I can't resist from sticking my tongue to feel it every couple of minutes. Every minute. Every few seconds.

– An uneasy conscience is a hair in the mouth.
Mark Twain

except it's a cold sore.

It's not even cold outside, the sun is shining, and we went to Mimi's for breakfast, the first customers. Although I do work in air conditioning. No, it is still not cold.

I am not particularly sore either. No exercise beyond normal, no bitter feelings, no soreness. Just in my mouth.

At least it's not contagious.

No comments: